WHY ATTEND BARDA INDUSTRY DAY
The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) and the Office of Acquisitions Management, Contracts and Grants (AMCG), components of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR), invite you to participate in an upcoming conference at which you can learn about U.S. Government medical countermeasure requirements, interact with BARDA and AMCG staff, and network with private sector colleagues working in this space.
BARDA supports the advanced research & development, manufacturing, acquisition, and stockpiling of medical countermeasures (drugs, biological therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics, and non-pharmaceutical countermeasures) against chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) threats, pandemic influenza, and emerging infectious diseases, under the authority of the Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness Act, initially approved by Congress in 2006. BARDA also oversees all procurements made under Project BioShield, an act passed by Congress in 2004 to encourage private sector involvement in these activities. BARDA carries out its mission via public-private partnerships with Industry and other organizations, using agreements administered by AMCG. In 2014, BARDA prepares for its second decade of preparedness activities, with many notable accomplishments, but with much work still to be done. BARDA's work is carried out as part of the Public Health Emergency Medical Countermeasure Enterprise (PHEMCE), a coordinated interagency effort that also includes three primary HHS agencies (NIH, FDA, and CDC), as well as the Departments of Homeland Security, Defense, Veteran's Affairs, and Agriculture.
Conference participants will learn about:
- The past, present, and future of BARDA, what has been accomplished and what remains to be accomplished to ensure preparedness against outstanding threats
- BARDA's strategy, goals, and areas of interest for FY15 and beyond
- BARDA divisions and programs to better address challenges of ensuring preparedness for an evolving and growing landscape of public health threats
- Core services that BARDA and other PHEMCE agencies provide to support product development
- Opportunities to develop medical countermeasures for both government and commercial markets
- Roles and responsibilities of BARDA, AMCG, and private sector partners in contract administration and performance
BARDA Industry Day 2014 will be a three-day conference with Days One and Two providing an overview of Project BioShield and BARDA's priorities for product development and manufacturing for all threats going forward from FY15, as well as the range of agreements that BARDA and AMCG use to work with the private sector.
Conference participants can also request one-on-one meetings on Day Two and Three with BARDA Core Services, Program Staff and/or AMCG Contracting Officers to discuss their specific interest and questions about working with BARDA.
Requests for such meetings should be submitted at the time of registration for the conference. Conference registration is now available at: /app/BARDA/ConferenceRegistration.aspx?id=10.